PROFILE OF MRS. ANGELA AJALA
Angela Ajala has been in the Education and Training industry for over three decades, and has served as the Executive Director of Ladela Schools since January 2004. She earned a BA and MA in English from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and has completed courses in different specializations ranging from Business Innovation and Strategy to Leadership, Counselling, and Agriculture, to name a few.
A Goldman Sachs Scholar and an Alumni of Enterprise Development Centre, Pan- Atlantic University Lagos, Angela currently serves as an Advisory Member of Board of the Enterprise Development Centre. She also sits on the Board of Business and Professional Women, and is the immediate past President of Business and Professional Women (BPW) – an International NGO that develops the professional, business and leadership potential of women on all levels through advocacy, mentoring, networking, skill building and economic empowerment programs around the World.
Angela Ajala was instrumental in setting up the National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools (NAPPS), and among the four-member committee that drew up a constitution to guide the Association in 2004. Today she sits on the Board of the FCT Chapter of the Association, and is a mentor to many Schools.
She is also the current National President of African Women Entrepreneurship Programme, Nigeria Chapter – an association whose vision is to position women-owned Nigerian businesses across global borders and platforms with exports as the focus. The initiative also creates better business environments and empowers African Women Entrepreneurs to become voices of change in their communities.
Angela Ajala is a qualified Quality Assessors Manager and an accredited Internal Verifier in the education industry. She is the Council Chairperson of Skills Care Development Organisation, a Sector Skills Council for education and care responsible for promoting quality care in Education and Health Organizations through the National Skills Qualification Framework.
She’s the author of the two Best Selling titles:
1. The School Guide – How to Run A Great School
2. The Journey Begins – Thing to Know Before Going to Higher Institution
Angela Ajala recently veered into the Agricultural industry and undertook the position of Managing Director of Global Ladela Agro- Allied Farms (GLAF), a company empowering a new generation of Agripreneurs in all aspects of Agriculture – from virtual farming to training and export.
Other positions Angela Ajala has held and some that are still ongoing;
– Advisory Member of Board, Enterprise Development Centre, PAN – Atlantic University, Lagos (2016 – Date)
– Former Member, Governing Board of National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
– Chairperson Board of Trustees, Educate Nigeria Initiative.
– Director, School Resource Centre.
– Director, Ultimate Health.
– Former Mentor and Lead Coach: Department of Quality Assurance, Education Secretariat, FCT.
– Board Member, The Irede Foundation.
– Board Member, Team Member.
– Member of Board of the Nigeria American Chamber of Commerce (NACC) representing the African Women Entrepreneurship Programme there.
– Advisory Member of Board, Business Support Group (BSG)
For consistently exhibiting excellence and invaluable contributions in her fields of interest and occupied positions, Angela Ajala has received many International and national awards;
· Award of Excellence, Pioneer and Founding Member of National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools (NAPPS)
• Award of Appreciation, Facilitator, Membership of NAPPS into the National Council of Education in Nigeria
• Award for the Best Private Secondary School, FCT
• Award of Recognition, Standard Mandate International (SMI)
• Special Recognition Award, ‘We are the Future of our Nation’ Project, EDUMARK
• Award of Excellence, First Baptist Church Youth Fellowship
• NAPPS Presidential Award, NAPPS AMAC Abuja Chapter
• Education Development Award, Anti-corruption in Youth Movement (ACYM Nigeria)
• Appreciation Award, Selfless service, NAPPS
• Amazons Outstanding Achievement Award
• Award of Excellence, Business and Professional Women
• Award of Excellence, Young Business and Professional Women
• Excellence Award, Rotary Club of Abuja
· Ethical Leadership and Conduct, Centre for Ethics and Value Orientation
• Business and Professional Women (BPW) Africa Institutional Award
• Certificate of Excellence for contribution to socio-economic development of the African continent, KAFOUR, Cotonou, Benin Republic
• Outstanding African Women’s Achievers GOLD Award, VISION AFRICA, Ghana
• Recognition Award, Private Sector, CEO Magazines Most Influential Women in Business and Government, West Africa
• Exceptional Women of Excellence Award, Presented at Women Economic Forum, India
Angela Ajala is an author, a coach, a mentor, an educational administrator per excellence, a business consultant, and a collaborator in numerous development projects. She’s a change agent, thoroughbred educational professional, a committed advocate for improving lives and situations and regular contributor to the TeacherConnect community, a platform dedicated to building skills, competencies and knowledge and empowering the Education sector.
Beyond that, she is also a happily married woman with two children and two grandchildren. In her free time, she loves reading and dancing.